From: "David Lidström" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Alice" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2001 3:36 PM
Subject: RE: password assign for localhost

> You must, after updating the user table, FLUSH PRIVILEGES
>
> And you should also set the password using the PASSWORD-command.
>
>    update mysql.user
>    set password = PASSWORD('abc')
>    where user = 'root'
>
> and then
>
>    FLUSH PRIVILEGES
>
> /d

/---------------------------------------------------------------------------\

Confidential and/ or privileged information may be contained in this
e-mail and any attachments transmitted with it ('Message'). If you are
not the addressee indicated in this Message (or responsible for
delivery of this Message to such person),you are hereby notified that
any dissemination, distribution, printing or copying of this Message or
any part thereof is prohibited. Please delete this Message if received
in  error and advise the sender by return e-mail. Opinions, conclusions
and other information in this Message that do not relate to the
official business of this company shall be understood as neither given
nor endorsed by this company.

This mail is certified Virus Free by *ProtectNow! (InternetNow Sdn Bhd)
*Scanner Engine powered by Norman Virus Control