The question is in this server, I cannot backup the database by issuing mysqldump. On another server, I can. I am sure nobody changes the settings. That's confusing to me.
ant  command because you don't have permission to do so.
The GRANT command allows you to set permissions on databases and tables, thereby giving access to possibly sensitive data.

It is in no way a serious restriction, it is a very important security feature.

If you don't have the grant permission and need it, ask your database administrator to set up rights. Don't assume that what may be easier for you in other software environments, is the better solution. In this case, it clearly is not.

regards,

boro

Banyan He schreef:
Yes, the server shows me that. I cannot execute the grant command.
This is a serious restriction software works with mysql.

Ananda Kumar wrote:
You mean to say, you cannot execute the "GRANT" command.
regards
anandkl