At 10:48 AM 7/24/2007, Jim Winstead wrote:
On Tue, Jul 24, 2007 at 11:17:11AM -0400, Les Schaffer wrote:
> Jim Winstead wrote:
> > No, not in the forseeable future.
>
> if you are going to use that kind of Orwellian newspeak, then expect the
> followup question to be, "how far into the future does MySQL see?" do
> you have a number in mind, like 1 year, 3 years, 3 months, 3 days?

A couple of years. And that's not saying "InnoDB will be removed in a
couple of years." I mean "InnoDB will almost certainly not be removed in
the next couple of years, barring any unforeseen developments, and there
is nothing implied there about it being removed after a couple of years,
either."

If you want stronger guarantees than that, contact our sales department.

Sorry for being less than perfectly clear.

Jim,
Since you're here, maybe you can answer a question for me. Will Falcon eventually replace InnoDb? Or do you have another engine in mind?

Mike