Mark Leith wrote:
Baron Schwartz wrote:
I stand corrected.  I don't know why I didn't think of this!

So you guys had to go the route of parsing InnoDB status too, huh? Fun, isn't it!

Indeed, it is a rather interesting thing to do ;) Made even better when it is limited to 64K and truncated with large transactions!

Or a big deadlock with tons of tuples. I have submitted a feature request to remove the list of locks held, but I don't know how high a priority it's given. It's useless for non-developers, though Heikki told me he uses it every day. I wouldn't think it'd be hard to define a compile-time option whether to include all the tuples locked, so Heikki and Marko could see it but spare the rest of us :) Of course seeing just the first part of that output, which shows what kind of lock was held on which index, is very useful for non-InnoDB-developers too.

Google did some smart stuff altering this (moving the 'dynamic' content such as deadlocks, transactions etc.) to the end of the output, and increasing the limit to 128K, however I'm not sure whether we will see that in the server soon. You can see examples here: http://dammit.lt/2007/06/23/mysql-40-google-edition/

Yes, Mark told me about that, and I thought it was a great idea. I don't know why we shouldn't see that in the server soon. It's not a hard thing to do, just a few lines changed, right? It seems kind of obvious that it's better to put the potentially huge deadlock output after the 'important' stuff.

I have seen that the InnoDB developers are looking at moving some of the output over to INFORMATION_SCHEMA tables as well (they mentioned this on the internals@ list), so hopefully this should all become a little easier in the not too distant future!

Yep.  But there's always that legacy support you have to keep around!

Baron