From explain you can see that your problem lies within the mensagens table (the first entry from your explain query) where it says type: ALL and rows 68337. This basically means that it is not using any index for this table.

MySQL doesn't seem to be very smart about queries involving OR and things like <>. For me creating temporary tables or writing perl scripts to do the job solved my particular problems. But I am working with tables that don't change but have some 100,000,000 rows...

I guess I suggest, introducing some redundancy and removing the OR statement could help in your case...