Car Toper wrote:
> More info...
>
> I am able to login with the account via phpMyAdmin on the server.
> Also, I am trying to use phpMyAdmin to change the permissions, but I
> cannot figure out the syntax:
>
> GRANT ON ppsntracker.* TO [EMAIL PROTECTED] WITH GRANT OPTION;
>
> Cartoper
>
> On 8/21/07, Car Toper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> I have a MySql server running on a Windows box that I cannot connect
>> to from another machine.  I first checked to make sure the user has
>> the correct permissions, which the user does, it has the %.  I did
>> read something that gave me the impression the user needs to have a
>> tranditional windows account on the machine, so I created one.  Still
>> nothing.  Is there anything special I need to do to allow access to
>> MySql when the database is running on a different machine?

If you're trying to create a superuser on the server, you would use

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON ppsntracker.* TO [EMAIL PROTECTED] WITH
GRANT OPTION;

Although I wouldn't recommend this for security purposes; it's a much
more secure idea to selectively grant the
privileges as necessary to the user and assign a password, such as

GRANT SELECT,INSERT,DELETE ON ppsntracker.* TO [EMAIL PROTECTED]
IDENTIFIED BY 'password';

And so forth.