Hi All,

I have started using MySQL 6.0.2 with Falcon on Linux
with Debian 4.
I have compiled the source code for 64 bit executable.
The system is an Intel 2 cpus 4 cores each, with 8 GB
of RAM.

I have started creating tables (without partitioning)
whit engine type Falcon. After having created
approximately 8,500 empty tables mysqld server was
still alive, you could connect with the mysql client,
but any command that you would type would freeze
(never come back).

I will try to re-run the same job, enabling
falcon_debug_mask and see if I can get more info and
repeat the problem.

Mariella

Below are shown the Falcon settings used:

+----------------------------------+-----------------+

| Variable_name                    | Value           |
+----------------------------------+-----------------+
| falcon_checkpoint_schedule       | 7 * * * * *     |
| falcon_debug_mask                | 0               |
| falcon_debug_server              | OFF             |

| falcon_disable_fsync             | OFF             |

| falcon_index_chill_threshold     | 4               |

| falcon_initial_allocation        | 1073741824      |

| falcon_max_transaction_backlog   | 150             |

| falcon_page_cache_size           | 4194304         |
| falcon_page_size                 | 4096            |
| falcon_record_chill_threshold    | 5               |
| falcon_record_memory_max         | 262144000       |

| falcon_record_scavenge_floor     | 50              |

| falcon_record_scavenge_threshold | 67              |

| falcon_scavenge_schedule         | 15,45 * * * * * |

| falcon_serial_log_buffers        | 10              |

| falcon_serial_log_dir            |                 |
| have_falcon                      | YES             |