I don't think that is the problem.
I have been able to create over a 1,000,000 of tables with MySQL 5.1.21 and
different storage engines with the same environment (I had already ulimit set).

Thanks,

Mariella

Mathieu Bruneau <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: I never tried the falcon engine, but
could it be that mysql is running
out of file descriptor ?

I think debian is limited to something around 8k per user by default.
Check your pam settings and your ulimit ... Database usually use a lot
of file handle and it's generally safe to increase it. Don't know if
falcon use file handle per table or not tough...

--
Mathieu Bruneau
aka ROunofF

===