Whil Hentzen wrote:
Michael Dykman wrote:
if you see no errors, check your config... are you sure InnoDB is enabled ?

I can create a new database and add InnoDB tables to it without problems.

Ack, I lied. No error in the /var/lib/mysql, but there IS an error file in /var/logs, and it contains:

"./ibdata1: error 13 in a file operation"
"mysqld does not have access rights to the directory"

But..... I'm sitting here looking and I can't see any difference between the ibdata1 and the ibdata1_orig files, nor the folders that contain the .frm files either.

Ownership and permissions are both identical?