Christoph Boget wrote:
There are lots of GUIs for connecting to MySQL databases. MySQL provide
some (MySQL Query Browser and MySQL Administrator) but I prefer Toad:
http://www.quest.com/toad-for-mysql/

I tried MySQL Administrator but couldn't get it to connect over SSH/SFTP.
I'll take a look at toad-for-mysql and NaviCat.

You're not going to get anything to connect over SFTP, because it is a file transfer protocol layered on top of SSH. SSH is a generic protocol that can create a secure tunnel between two untrusted computers, and any kind of data can ride on this protocol. The same is not true of SFTP.

Again, you can get absolutely ANY client to connect over an SSH tunnel. You create the tunnel with your SSH client, then use the tunnel to carry your traffic. So you don't need to use an unfamiliar or non-free program to do this. (Any program that offers a connect-over-SSH option is very likely just creating the tunnel for you).

Baron