I'm noticing, that the problem lies with my server getting blocked, because of too many bad tries. Could that be, that after some time, this is not shown as an error anymore, and the client just waits there forever?

It seems that I'm only getting blocked when the load is high on the server. I'm setting an connection timeout of 10 seconds. It seems, that under high load, some of the connections are dropped, and this causes the problem! I started logging the attempts and they seem to randomly fail (since the same host and password is used every time) !

Does this help a bit?

Samuel Vogel schrieb:
Hey guys,

I'm using SSL encrypted MySQL connections between my Servers. Suddenly today, the connection to one of my servers stopped working. When I try to connect from the outside, I enter the password, and then nothing happens, it just stays blank:

# mysql -h beta.kilu.de -p
Enter password:

Internal connections work fine, and the outside connections also worked like a charm until now. I didn't change anything in my config! And SSL is not the problem either (works fine with the same certificates on the other servers). When I restart MySQL it accepts outside connections for a moment, but after arround 2 minutes, it doesn't answer again!

Where could the problem be and what Infos should I obtain (nothing occurs in syslog) ?
Any help is appreciated!

Regards,
Samy