I can't think of anything other than looking deeper into the MySQL log files. I'm not sure where those are on Windows, but I imagine it's not all going to the event log. Maybe there is something in c:\program files\mysql 5\ (or wherever you installed MySQL). Try looking for a file named mysql.err or mysqld.err.

I found an error log named dlgsrv.err. In it is a similar entry to the original error, I got: 070929 17:49:51 [Note] Slave SQL thread exiting, replication stopped in log 'mysql-bin.000001' at position 192

It looks like that may be the point at which it just stopped.