Arun wrote:
I have a large batch of insert sql statements, of which some of them are
failing. I want to know which one is failing exactly.
Is there anyway I can debug it  and which statement went wrong. I have only
4 or 5 out of 200 statements that are failing.

It depends on how you're running the batch, and you didn't give us any information about that. Are you doing something like this?

mysql < batch.sql

If so, try

mysql --line-numbers < batch.sql

This option may be enabled already. Try running mysql --help | grep 'line-numbers' to see. It's enabled by default on my machine:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ mysql --help | grep 'line-numbers'
  --line-numbers      Write line numbers for errors.
  -L, --skip-line-numbers
line-numbers                      TRUE

Baron