Hi Rob,

I agree this is a problem for one major reason:

I never know, if someone replies to my post, without the CC to the list, whether the writer wants to take the conversation off the list, or if he just hit reply (instead of reply-to-all) out of habit.

If the default is to reply to the list and CC to the originator, then it is obvious when a reply does not go to the list that the person that replied does not want his response made public!