bruce wrote:
Hi...

If I have a master/slave setup, I can do a "mysql>show slave status\G" and
get information on the overall status of the slave. Is there a way to break
out this information without having to parse the output? In other words, are
there other cmds that might provide the different pieces of information in a
way that won't require me to parse it?

Basically, I'm trying to figure out the best approach to being able to
automatically look at a mySQL/Slave and determine i it's connected to the
master, and if it's relatively up to date, relative to the master.

If you want to check if the slaves are in sync I'd use the table checksum that is part of Baron's mysql toolkit: http://mysqltoolkit.sourceforge.net/

mark
--

MARK ADDISON
WEB DEVELOPER

200 GRAY'S INN ROAD
LONDON
WC1X 8XZ
UNITED KINGDOM
T +44 (0)20 7430 4678
F E [EMAIL PROTECTED]
WWW.ITN.CO.UK

P  Please consider the environment. Do you really need to print this email?
Please Note:

Any views or opinions are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Independent Television News Limited unless specifically stated. This email and any files attached are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. If you have received this email in error, please notify [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Please note that to ensure regulatory compliance and for the protection of our
clients and business,

Thank You.