From: Dan Rogart [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> On 11/14/07 4:01 PM, "Mike Johnson"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Correction to a couple of replies I've seen -- a slave
> > server can have more than one master, but not to the same
> > database. That is, Slave reads Database1 and Database3
> > from Master1 and also reads Database2 from Master2.
> >
> > You may actually be able to get down to the table level,
> > but I'd have to check on that. Not likely, though.
> >
> > As for how to set it all up, don't ask me. I just enjoy
> > the results.   :)
> >
> > (apologies if you get a dupe, Baron -- I accidentally hit
> > reply, not reply-to-all)
>
> I would be very interested in hearing more about how you set
> this up, because as far as I know it's impossible for a
> slave to have more than one master at any given time.
>
> Are you using some kind of time based rotation that changes
> the master info on the slave periodically or something?

So, I looked into our my.cnf and it turns out that I was wrong. My
apologies.

Where I was misled was that we're doing a sort of pass-through
replication. That is, Server1 replicates Database1 and Database3 to
Server2, and Server2 then replicates Database1, Database2, and Database3
to Server3.

Sorry to have spouted misinformation!

--
Mike Johnson