Yup! That's it!
Thanks Dan.
;)

The link is really helpful. I was looking for it on mysql but was able to find. Looks like I didn't try hard. :)

-afan

Dan Buettner wrote:
Afan, you'll need to have a date and time column in the database storing a
"created at" value, that is set on INSERT and then not changed.

Assuming you have such a column - let's call it "created_at" - you can run
queries like this:

/* to get count of records created on Mondays */
SELECT COUNT(*)
FROM table t
WHERE DAYOFWEEK(t.created_at) = 2;

/* to get count created on a given date between 8 AM and 4 PM */
SELECT COUNT(*)
FROM table t
WHERE t.created_at >= "2007-11-20 8:00"
AND t.created_at <= "2007-11-20 16:00";

MySQL's docs on date and time functions are here:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/date-and-time-functions.html

HTH,
Dan