x schrieb:
thanks

may you point out which chapter says?
From manual I get the following answer agaist to my result(my server version 5.0.45), For |InnoDB| before version 5.0.3, |TRUNCATE TABLE| is mapped to |DELETE|, so there is no difference. Starting with MySQL 5.0.3, fast |TRUNCATE TABLE| is available. However, the operation is still mapped to |DELETE| if there are foreign key constraints that reference the table. (When fast truncate is used, it resets any |AUTO_INCREMENT| counter. From MySQL 5.0.13 on, the |AUTO_INCREMENT| counter is reset by |TRUNCATE TABLE|, regardless of whether there is a foreign key constraint.)

The table handler does not remember the last used |AUTO_INCREMENT| value, but starts counting from the beginning. This is true even for |MyISAM| and |InnoDB|, which normally do not reuse sequence values.

See:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/truncate.html http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/truncate.html

oh sorry, yes, i was confused, somehow i mixed some old behavior and InnoDB behavior ...

Martijn Tonies, sorry too

--
Sebastian