Marco,

can you post values of wait_timeout and interactive_timeout variables. You can get them from SHOW VARIABLES output. If they are set to 3600 (1 hour in secs), set them to something bigger like one week and then you will see if it helps or not. You can read more about those timeouts also in manual.

HTH,
Dusan

MAS! napsal(a):
Can anyone help me to understand why my site (php 4.4.2 / ubuntu dapper) loose all connections to mysql server when /etc/cron/hourly starts? (there are no process to start hourly, the directory is empty)

I have heavvy web/apache2 traffic on my site and that is not so nice for my users..

thank you in advance

regards

marco