At 8:58 AM +0000 3/4/08, Thufir wrote:
On Mon, 03 Mar 2008 14:20:58 -0500, Martin Gainty wrote:

 http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/schemata-table.html According to
 MYSQL doc:
 A schema is a database

That contradicts the following claim (to my reading):

"A true fully (database, schema, and table) qualified query is
exemplified as such: select * from database.schema.table"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
Comparison_of_relational_database_management_systems#Databases_vs_Schemas_.28terminology.29

What' I'm familiar with is:

SELECT * FROM database.table;

That's ok, that makes sense, this is how MySQL does it and is how I've
been doing it.  Some databases do it differently, apparently.

Apparently MySQL lacks this feature, but what feature is it lacking? There's no equivalent to:

SELECT * FROM database.schema.table;

In MySQL, the two are equivalent.  The keyword DATABASE or DATABASES
can be replaced with SCHEMA or SCHEMAS wherever it appears. Examples:

CREATE DATABASE <=> CREATE SCHEMA
SHOW DATABASES <=> SHOW SCHEMAS

--
Paul DuBois, MySQL Documentation Team