Greetings again Andrew,

That error message is usually when you try to login to MySQL by whatever
means (the Windows install Wizard may be attempting this in the final steps
upon starting up? But it should not be starting up as root...).

Can you complete the installation using the wizard (I am assuming this is
where the error is occurring), then start-up MySQL?

This error generally occurs when a user attempts to login. We may need some
more details to troubleshoot this. Can you please re-run the install.

Sincerely,

Craig Huffstetler