We are currently running MySQL 4.0.15a on a Sun Solaris server.  We are moving
to a Linux machine running MySQL 5.0.45.
I am having a problem with permissions in MySQL.

On the current machine running 4.0.15a, when I connect to MySQL as the user
super and give the command:
select lname from hr where fname = "shlomit";
I get the expected result.

On the new machine running MySQL 5.0.45, when I connect as the user super and
give the same command, I get the following error:
ERROR 1142 (42000): SELECT command denied to user 'super'@'localhost' for table
'hr'

The MySQL permissions are the same on both machines.  When I give the following
command:
select * from tables_priv where user="super" and db ="web_positions" and
table_name = "hr";
I get the following result on both machines:
+------+---------------+-------+------------+----------------+---------------------+------------+-------------+
| %    | web_positions | super | hr           | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | 2002-07-21
15:07:17 | Select     |             |

When I give the following command, I aslo get the same results on both machines:
select * from user where user ="super";
The results are N for all the different privileges.

Has anything changed in MySQL 5.0.45 that would cause this behavior?

Thanks for any help.

Malka Cymbalista
Webmaster, Weizmann Institute of Science
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
08-934-3036