hi all...

i have a 5.0.33 build from source on a freebsd 4.10 machine...

i'm looking for a my.cnf file.

ps tells me that the base dir is /usr/local but there is no my.cnf there. and i cant find one anywhere. i can get all the variables set up from the cli but i need to change some of them. i guess i can use mysqladmin but just wondering - can i just do a cnf under /usr/local/etc with the variables i need to change?

ktrace is showing me that mysqld is not looking for any .cnf?!

i mean i can try that but it's a very busy server and i wouldn't mess to much with it.

thanks...