Hi,

Actually I am updating TableA in DatabaseA with values from TableB in
DatabaseB.  Database B is on a stand alone PC.  I'm using VB6 to create a .txt
file containing data from TableB then using VB6 once more to recronstruct the
table in DatabaseA then remove all data which are already in TableA and insert
the remaining.

This is working fine but as my table is growing bigger the process is taking
more time (about 5 mins for 250,000 records)

How can I optimise this process? and What are the alternatives available ?

Thanks

Regards,

Velen