Hello,

Does anybody have any info on cross-database joins?

i.e. doing a join across various tables that are located inside different databases (albeit on the same database server).

I'm interesested in any potential pitfalls, limitations, and performance issues. There doesn't appear to be much information about this on the web (at least not that I can find so far).

Does querying multiple databases in a single query count as multiple connections?

I'm using the InnoDB engine. Do foreign key constraints work across different databases too?

Is using cross-database joins considered good practice?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Ben