Hi,

On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 4:34 PM, Ben Roberts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  Hello,
>
>  Does anybody have any info on cross-database joins?
>
>  i.e. doing a join across various tables that are located inside different
> databases (albeit on the same database server).
>
>  I'm interesested in any potential pitfalls, limitations, and performance
> issues. There doesn't appear to be much information about this on the web
> (at least not that I can find so far).

There are sometimes queries that are hard to write so MySQL doesn't
complain about an error, but this is not hard to avoid:
http://www.xaprb.com/blog/2006/08/07/how-to-write-multi-table-cross-database-deletes-with-aliases-in-mysql/

>  I'm using the InnoDB engine. Do foreign key constraints work across
> different databases too?

FK constrraints work fine across databases.

Regards
Baron

--

Baron Schwartz, Senior Consultant, Percona Inc.
Tel: +1 888 401 3401 ext 507