I'm attempting to create a MySQL stored procedure, however, when I attempt to
create even a simple "Hello, world" procedure, I get the following error:

ERROR 1307 (HY000): Failed to CREATE PROCEDURE test_procedure_k

which is listed as:

Error: 1307 SQLSTATE: HY000 (ER_SP_STORE_FAILED)
Message: Failed to CREATE %s %s

I've googled for the solution, and the only problems I can find are people who
haven't upgraded correctly.  This is a clean installation, though, and I
don't recall any errors when installing.  I'm not ruling anything out, but I
don't think that's the case.

The results of mysqlcheck mysql for the proc tables are:

mysql.proc                                         OK
mysql.procs_priv                                   OK

Anyone have any thoughts, or come across this before?

TIA,

kabel