Hi,
What I'm trying to do is to create a new InnoDB table on a different disk and
symlink it to an existing database.
I have innodb_file_per_table turned on and here is how I tried to do it

mysql> \u test
mysql> create table test (...) ENGINE  = 'InnoDB';
mysql>\q

move the test.ibd file to the other disk
create a simlink in the database directory
flush tables;

This works as expected but there is something that bothers me - I inserted
about 60K rows in the new table and all queries I tried are working
including selects, inserts and updates. The "SHOW TABLE STATUS" command
displays relevant results and still the test.ibd file to which the symlink
points hasn't been changed or accessed at all.

Any ideas are welcome
Dobromir Velev