On 28-Apr-08, at 11:26 AM, Francisco Rodrigo Cortinas Maseda wrote:

The other counterpart is that if you can put the entire databases on
RAM, your disk needs are not so high. So if you can afford that.....

Silly question, but with MySQL default configuration (say, huge.cnf), does it automatically "put the entire database in RAM" when there's enough available? I realize there are lots of parameters in the cnf file, some of which I've set. But for a 2 or 3GB database, and a server with 16GB of RAM, is there anything to do beyond using a generous cnf file to maximize MySQL's use of RAM?

...Rene