I used not only the PHP functions but also the native MySQL HEX() function
to see exactly what was going into my database.

You can also set always_populate_raw_post_data = On in php.ini and examine
$HTTP_RAW_POST_DATA to see exactly what the web server is seeing.

Regards,

Jerry Schwartz
195 Farmington Ave.
Farmington, CT 06032