---8<--- snip

If the system is *nix, there's a high probability that the area used for
temporary storage (unless specifically defined by a MySQL configuration)
and the area that houses your database files are on different
partitions--possibly even different storage devices altogether.

Is this the case?

> >> Enable kyes goes fine for couple of hrs with "REPAIR BY TMP", but
> then
> >> switches to "REPAIR BY KEYCACHE" and writes a log in the error log
> >> file  "Warning:
> >> Enabling keys got errno 28, retrying"
> >>
> >> What could be the problem.
> >>
> >> System has 8 cpu and 16GB RAM
> >>
> >> I have set myisam_max_sort_file_size=98GB
> >> myisam_sort_buffer_size=750MB.
> >>
> >> /tmp folder has 16GB free space.

---8<--- snip

> > OS error code  28:  No space left on device
> >
> > I would say you are running out of space.

Todd Boyd
Web Programmer