Sid,

Do you still have them as myisam files (myd,myi)?
If yes and your other server has the same mysql version and cpu architecture
you can just copy the myisam binary files to the new server.

If you have the dump only you can either load with the mysql client or parse
it, create a csv filw with just the values of the tables column in order and
then use "load data infile". This will be much faster than loading the dump.

As far as your indices go, I would create them before loading the data in
any case.

Olaf

On 6/12/08 11:25 AM, "Sid Lane" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> hey,
>
> as the sub says I have a dump of a 50GB (MYD/60GB MYI) table I need to load
> on another server.
>
> I guess the bigger question is how can I optimize this, particularly the
> index builds?  I had always thought is was best in these cases to create the
> table w/o any indexes, load the rows then create the keys but watching
> what's happening on the filesystem makes me suspect MySQL's rebuilding the
> entire table and previously created indexes with each incremental index
> added - is this the case?  I see that mysqldump puts all the keys in the
> create table statement (vs. Oracle exp which creates them post-rows) which
> would seem to imply it's better to extended insert with existing indexes vs
> creating them afterward...
>
> bottom line:  how do I optimize this load (my.cnf settings, deferred index
> build [or not], etc)?  I have the box completely to myself so nothing's off
> the table...
>
> thanks!

----------------------------------------- Confidentiality Notice:
The following mail message, including any attachments, is for the
sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential
and privileged information. The recipient is responsible to
maintain the confidentiality of this information and to use the
information only for authorized purposes. If you are not the
intended recipient (or authorized to receive information for the
intended recipient), you are hereby notified that any review, use,
disclosure, distribution, copying, printing, or action taken in
reliance on the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If
you have received this communication in error, please notify us
immediately by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original
message. Thank you.