This is entirely a matter of choice. It's like asking if you should store
formatting when you insert phone numbers into a database--is it easier for you
to parse back if you do so? If yes, then store the formatting. If no/probably
not/I don't need to parse it, then just store it without.

I'd say if it's easier (or perhaps more efficient, if this is a concern) for
you to simply store the time_zone_id value, then do it that way. It's not as if
it won't store your data if you store the time_zone_name... it just might be
harder to use as a variable later, being text instead of an identifying number.

Again... totally a matter of your preference.

Todd Boyd
Web Programmer