Le Tuesday 17 June 2008 vers 14:51, Swigg, Tom C("Swigg, Tom C"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) a écrit:

Hello,

> I have been given the task of migrating some 200+ web sites fom
> Tru64 UNIX to Red Hat Enterprise Linux 64 bit V5.1

> Many of these sites use PHP3 (3.0.18) and mysql 3.23.32 and the
> developers have long gone...
>
> The objective is to provide a 3.23.32 environment on RHEL 5.1
> which will run in parallel with the native mysql 5.0.22.

We'd the same concern with Debian: Mysql 4 + php4 vs Mysql5 + PHP5...
We opted for Vservers which allowed us to use the native packages (so
no compilation ;-)). We installed our machines like this:
        - On the host latest version of distribution (Etch for us). The
machine had only the requiered packages.
        - On the virtual servers an installation on the native distribution
(sarge for us) + myqsql, php and apache.

For mysql packages have look at
http://rpmseek.com/rpm-pl/mysql.html?hl=com&cs=mysql%3APN%3A0%3A0%3A0%3A0%3A0&qArStr=0&qRtStr=0&qDnStr=100

There some source packages too. So if you don't want to use the
Vservers, you tried to compile those packages directly...

Hope this helps,
--
http://www.glennie.fr