Hi

In your lilo configuaration file add

append="mem=256"

to the linux kernel boot parameters, and then run lilo.

When you reboot your server, you will find your missing memory !

MySql can handle large tables, up to 2GB,  without any problems. Tables that result in
files > 2GB
need the necessary options built in to the kernel. This is so with most modern kernels.

Simon

On Tuesday 05 June 2001 22:06, VVM Ravikumar Sarma Chengalvala wrote:
> Hi,
> For testing my database,I have inserted about 2
> million records and did not find any specific problem.
>
> Regards,
> Ravi
> --- Rafael Martinez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: >
> ---Reply to mail from Mike Mike about Inserting
>
> > 307,284 lines. Is this ok?
> >
> > > Hello
> > > I was wondering if inserting 307,284 is to much to
> >
> > put
> >
> > > into one table. Can MySQL handle this? Its a 70MEG
> > > File.  I have a 550 with 256MEG ram but it only
> >
> > shows
> >
> > > 64.
> >
> > [........]
> >
> > I have a database with 20-30 tables. One of them has
> > almost 2.000.000
> > entries and it use around 6GB (17 columns). Another
> > has more than
> > 2.500.000 and uses around 100MB (1 column)
> >
> > No problems at all. I suppose this answer your
> > question.
> >
> > Sincerely
> > Rafael Martinez
> >

> > ---End reply

> > Before posting, please check:
> >    http://lists.mysql.com/           (the list
> > archive)
> >
> > To request this thread, e-mail
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > To unsubscribe, e-mail
>
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> > Trouble unsubscribing? Try:

Simon Windsor

CricInfo http://www.cricinfo.com/
Tel: +44 (0) 1249 700744
Fax: +44 (0) 1249 700725
Email: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the
sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.  Thank you for
your
cooperation and assistance.