The company I work for has been considering moving a key database from
MS Access to a proper database.

We use linux for a lot of the number crunching we do and I was keen for
us to choose MySQL.  I happen to think it would be ideal for our
applications.

Unfortunately, those with the task of converting the application
consider stored procedures to be essential.  I'm not at all convinced
they are necessary (at least in the short term).  I fear the arguement
is already lost.. but...

I saw from the survey that is currently being done that stored
procedures are one feature that appears to be in active consideration,
but I see from the TODO list that they are only in the "to be done
sometime" category.

So the questions are:
        any idea how long it will be before something is in place?      would
funding change this?
        can also offer some help with the coding (have solid C/C++ but
        no experience with MySQL itself)

John Gill.