John N S Gill writes:

> The company I work for has been considering moving a key database from
> MS Access to a proper database.
>
> We use linux for a lot of the number crunching we do and I was keen for
> us to choose MySQL.  I happen to think it would be ideal for our
> applications.
>
> Unfortunately, those with the task of converting the application
> consider stored procedures to be essential.  I'm not at all convinced
> they are necessary (at least in the short term).  I fear the arguement
> is already lost.. but...
>
> I saw from the survey that is currently being done that stored
> procedures are one feature that appears to be in active consideration,
> but I see from the TODO list that they are only in the "to be done
> sometime" category.
>
> So the questions are:
>       any idea how long it will be before something is in place?      would
> funding change this?
>       can also offer some help with the coding (have solid C/C++ but
>         no experience with MySQL itself)
>
> John Gill.

Hi!

We have plans of implementing stored procedures until  the end of this
year, but if it is too far away for you , you can try doing it
yourself.

If you have problems, post your mails to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Regards,

Sinisa

     For technical support contracts, goto http://order.mysql.com

     /*/\*\/\*\   /*/ \*\ /*/ \*\ |*|     Sinisa Milivojevic
    /*/ /*/ /*/   \*\_   |*|   |*||*|     mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             /*/             \*\                Developers Team