you should probably just resync your slave.  If it hasn't run for over a
month then there's not a lot of point in trying to start it up.  Even if you
did start the slave (which seems doubtful) you'd have over a month's worth
of commands to make up.

You can tell mysql to not keep relay logs that have already been used.  Just
copy over the masters' files, reset slave and master and start up the
slave.