It uses a single table, I am using multiple tables. I am not selecting
the TOP 10 or whatever. This example has no relationships where the
schema I presented does.

Eh? We can treat any query as one derived table; it makes no difference to the principle involved. And the same within-aggregate quota selection principle applies to top or any other quota per group so long as the selection criterion can be written in valid SQL. Have a nice day.

PB

-----

Kevin Waterson wrote:
This one time, at band camp, Peter Brawley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Vague? Not in the slightest. General? Indeed, by design.

I have read this before..
It uses a single table, I am using multiple tables. I am not selecting
the TOP 10 or whatever. This example has no relationships where the
schema I presented does.

If you dont know the answer, just leave it out, but thanks for your efforts.
If anybody can steer me in the right direction here, that would be great.

Kevin