Hi,

I need to write a C++ program in a Linux environment to query with a
timestamp.
The user will only provide with an approximate time so I'd like to know
how can I write a program or a query to return the closest data.

The followings are the timestamp in the MySQL database:
| 2008-08-05 03:56:09 | 1217933769 |
| 2008-08-05 03:56:19 | 1217933779 |
| 2008-08-05 03:56:29 | 1217933789 |
| 2008-08-05 03:59:39 | 1217933979 |
| 2008-08-05 03:59:49 | 1217933989 |
| 2008-08-05 03:59:59 | 1217933999 |
| 2008-08-05 04:02:39 | 1217934159 |
| 2008-08-05 04:02:49 | 1217934169 |
| 2008-08-05 04:02:59 | 1217934179 |

For example, '2008-08-05 04:01:39' is the time provided by the user which
does not exist in the database.  So, how can I return the closest data?  I
know I can make use of 'LIKE' but this will return more than one data.
What is the best method to get the closest one?
And what is the good connector (C++ to MySQL) to use?
Any suggestion?
Thank you.

Kandy