Hi Martin,

Good point, I normally do but was just illustrating the join. I would also normally fully-qualify each column when using table aliases and multiple tables to avoid disambiguity.

insert into games2 (sea_id,date,time,loc_id,hteam,vteam,div_id)
(
   select
'36' as sea_id, s1.game_date as date, s1.begin_time as time, s1.loc_id as loc_id, s1.home_team_id as hteam, s1.away_team_id as vteam, ts.div_id as div_ud
   from
       scheduler s1 INNER JOIN team_season ts ON ts.team_id = s1.div_id
)

Thanks,
Andy

Martin Gainty wrote:
the only possible suggestion i have would be to disambiguate the selected columns with 'as'

insert into games2 (sea_id,date,time,loc_id,hteam,vteam,div_id)
(
 select
'36' as sea_id, game_date as date, begin_time as time, loc_id as loc_id, home_team_id as hteam, away_team_id as vteam, ts.div_id as div_ud
> from
> scheduler s1 INNER JOIN team_season ts ON ts.team_id = s1.div_id
> )

Thanks Andy
Martin
Disclaimer and confidentiality note