From: Andy Shellam [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, August 16, 2008 9:40 AM
To: Steven Buehler
Cc: mysql@lists.mysql.com
Subject: Re: Multiple Query/Insert help

Hi Steve,

You're seeing this error because this query:

select div_id
from team_season where team_id=s1.div_id

is being run independently of the rest, so it doesn't know of "s1" in
this context.  You would probably be better with an INNER JOIN here,
something like the following (may need tweaking):

e.g.

insert into games2 (sea_id,date,time,loc_id,hteam,vteam,div_id)
(
        select
                '36', game_date, begin_time, loc_id, home_team_id,
away_team_id, ts.div_id
        from
                scheduler s1 INNER JOIN team_season ts ON ts.team_id =
s1.div_id
)

Regards,
Andy