Hands down, your best bet is either Linux versions.  You will get the best
stability, speed, and cost effectiveness by using these databases.  Stay
away from Windows for this kind of thing.  I have developed software for
the Windows platform since it first came out, and have been a software
engineer for 23 years.  I don't dislike Windows, but for some things it is
just not as good as a Unix platform, and this is one of those cases.  Linux
is a superior platform.