On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 12:15 AM, Ryan Schwartz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> We're seeing a huge surge in our qps and I'd like to make sure we're tuned
> as well as we can be. I'm wondering if I've got some variables maybe set too
> large (is that even possible?) ? We do have a fair bit of innodb, so perhaps
> I should add some non-defaults there, but I'm not so sure where to start
> with that.

It's not really possible to give good tuning advice without knowing
about how you use the database and how your machine is currently
responding.  However, you can get some good started advice from the
sample my.cnf files that come with MySQL and you can get a copy of the
"High Performance MySQL" book for a good primer on what to look for.
You can also find conference presentations by Peter Zaitsev that
summarize some of the advice in the book.

- Perrin