10% of queries are web-based (Apache/PHP).
30% of queries are from command-line PHP scripts that get executed (average 1/second -- they end with mysql_close() btw). 60% of queries are from command-line PHP scripts that run continuously (in a loop, with sleep()), acting on incoming socket data.

...Rene