Afternoon All,

I'm hoping you'll have some recommendations for me on this little challenge.
I have an application which we're preparing to deploy in a DEB package using
APT on Debian based systems, although I would imagine this very same
rule/process applies to other packaging methods.

On the back end of my application we have a MySQL Database which needs to be
created as part of the deployment process, which is automated in a script,
usually SHELL or Perl, something like that.

How would you deploy the database using an automated script? Would you have
a SQL script which you action through the console to create the database?
What's the simplest way to action a SQL script to run on the local server?
Do we need to keep in mind what permissions/users are assigned to the
database?

In addition to this create script, we'll also need to have an automated,
scripted process for removing the database if the package is removed, I'd be
interested to get your thoughts on that too.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions guys,

Heston