From: Andre Matos [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 02 October 2008 17:51
To: Heston James - Cold Beans
Cc: mysql@lists.mysql.com
Subject: Re: Deployment of Database in a DEB package.

Just be aware about the security. I use shell or perl scripts to make automatic
dumps (backups) or updates/changes in the database.
Unfortunately, because they are automatic scripts, I need to add the username
and password inside the scripts and if someone else have access to these
scripts (e.g., read access), he/she will see this information.

Andre

Dr. André Matos
[EMAIL PROTECTED]