On 11/22/2008 04:30 PM, Jujitsu Lizard wrote:
> argument for stuffing prepared images into a table or similar may be weak.
>
> The Lizard

By using pre-drawn images and HTML img tag calls you distribute the
processing to the client side, by doing this is certainly reduces
overhead because you're sending text thereby eliminating ANY overhead at
all. I think this almost by definition would suggest a significantly
lower overhead.

Granted in a one shot call, the difference will be minuscule, in a
production web server environment with many client calls, you want to
distribute this as much as possible to reduce server overhead and I
think anyone here that has done GD processing in a production
environment will tell you, using it isn't free by any stretch of the
imagination.

-Micah