On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 20:44, Daevid Vincent <dae...@daevid.com> wrote:
> I've been tasked with cleaning up a bunch of 'eventum' tables that got
> accidentally dumped into several databases and then replicated.
>
> I'm wondering if I can just go through with a simple  command to blow
> these all away:
>
> find /var/lib/mysql/ -name eventum*
>
> Or is there some other magic that a "DROP TABLE eventum*" does?

    To avoid corruption and keep things in sync, you *should* keep it
all in MySQL and DROP IF EXISTS.... but in a pinch or in dire
situations, I've killed the trio of files and restarted MySQL and
achieved the same result.

    Short answer to the question in your subject, Daevid: yes, but
it's not the Right Way[tm].

    Hello, by the way.  ;-P

--
</Daniel P. Brown>