At 09:57 AM 1/22/2009, you wrote:
This doesn't work the same way as system RAM though. You can't extend your innodb buffer pool onto a block device or filesystem. Though this technology would be good for segregating things like InnoDB logs and mysql binary logs.

Of course. This device is to replace a mechanical hard drive. I think it would also be good for the actual MySQL data files like on a webserver, not just log files. You'd likely want to put updateable tables on a hard drive or chron/replicate them to disk storage.

Mike

-Aaron